You have just retired and are looking forward to your new life and then it starts to happen. A cough begins and you go to the Doctor to find out what is happening. The Doctor says it is a minor cough. You go on with your retirement but the cough is persistent. Again, back to the Doctor, medical tests show nothing. The Doctor says it is probably an allergy. You accept that and go on with your retirement.

Asthma can begin at any age, especially when you may have had it as a child. From our experience at Safe Homes, we find a lot of Retirees that develop some form of Allergy or Asthma after they retire. Why is that your ask? To begin with, when you were working you were away from home a lot, then you started staying at home. Our experience at Safe Homes shows that this is an Environmental Factor due to something you are using in your home disinfectant fogger machine

Allergy at home: how could that happen? First, your lifestyle has changed and you probably have become more aware of your Indoor Environment. You see more bugs at home that you did not see before you retired and now you decide to kill the bugs. You run out to Home Depot, Lowes or your local hardware store and get the best pesticide you can find. Come home and do your own application of the pesticides. Your job now is to kill the bugs and you will get rid of them no matter what.

First, did you ever stop to look at the warning label on the pesticide? Most people do not read the warning label and just start spraying to make sure they kill all the bugs they find. Some individuals even get a little crazy about killing the bugs and start fogging their houses. I had one house where we found in the garage five different types of pesticides they were using to kill bugs in the house besides the monthly service they had come to get rid of the bugs.

Here is a sample label on a Bug Spray Fogger: Overexposure to foggers can cause breathing problems, dizziness,and nausea. Foggers can also trigger asthma. This is a very serious warning label. The person fogging the house did not read the label and fogged one bedroom and closed the door figuring it would stay there and kill the bugs. They forgot that the A/C was on and it was drawn into the Living Room where they were watching television. They ended up in the Emergency Room from an allergic reaction.

Here is another sample label on a spray on mosquito spray: Hazards to humans–Warning: Causes substantial but temporary eye injury. Harmful if swallowed. Do not get in eyes. Use of this product may cause skin reactions in rare cases. Wash treated clothing before wearing it again. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling, and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, or using tobacco. I am sure most individuals do not even think about the consequences of using this product, only the results of using it. This product was applied to a little girl at a Birthday Party who had an allergic reaction and ended up in the Emergency Room.

In conclusion, pesticides can aggravate any type of Allergy or Asthma condition. Use of these products should be monitored by a professional who knows that you have Allergies or Asthma. If the Professional knows you have Allergies or Asthma, they will do a less toxic form of baiting to kill the bugs. It takes a little longer but it does the same without spraying bug spray in your home. I personally use baiting traps in my home and have no ants or bugs for over 10 years now. They work and you will not poison yourself or aggravate your Asthma or Allergies. Remember to read the Warning Label!